Power Up Workshops is proud to offer workshops for professionals. See the poster below for details on upcoming dates.
Calling all early childhood educators, parents of primary aged children, social workers, teachers, grand-parents raising grand-children and ANYONE who works with or cares for children.
In this workshop you will learn about…
1. Why we need to teach sexual health education early
2. What schools should be offering our primary aged children in terms of sexual abuse prevention
3. Common myths of sexual abuse
4. Types of sexual abuse
5. Statistics of sexual abuse (bring a kleenex)
6. Who commits sexual abuse?
7. Incidences of reporting
8. The difference between a pedophile and molester
9. The profile of a predator
10. Stages of grooming a child
11. What transfer of responsibility looks like
12. Patterns of disclosure
13. Why kids don’t disclose
14. Normal sexual behaviour for preschool and primary aged kids.
15. Signs and symptoms of sexual abuse
Looking for resources to accompany your professional development? Consider one or both of the books I have written to complement the most recent B.C. curriculum. You can order your copy here.