I’m excited to be offering summer workshops for my little friends again this year. You can register here.
The B.C. Ministry of Education has implemented new curricula for K-3 Physical and Health Education.
In K-1 students are expected to know:
- names for body parts, including male and female private parts
- appropriate and inappropriate touch
- hazards/unsafe situations
- caring behaviours
- reliable sources of information
In Grade 2 students are expected to know:
- K/1 content +
- strategies for accessing health information
- strategies/skills to use in hazardous/unsafe situations
- managing/expressing emotions
In Grade 3 students are expected to know:
- K/1/2 content +
- nature/consequences of bullying
- relationship between worry and fear
For more detailed information please consult the Ministry website.