The B.C. Ministry of Education has implemented new curricula for 8-9 Physical and Health Education.
In Grade 8 and 9 students are expected to know:
- healthy sexual decision making
- short/long-term consequences of health decisions
- protection from sexually transmitted infections
- sources of health information
- potential abuse/exploitation prevention strategies
- consequences of bullying, stereotyping, discrimination
- influences of physical/emotional/social changes on identities & relationships
For more detailed information please consult the Ministry website
Have a look at my recent interview with Scott Carr from Solo Dad Smiling.
When parents and caregivers talk openly and honestly about sexuality, children will have the comfort, knowledge and support they need to achieve healthy sexual lives.
Puberty can be a scary and challenging time. As a parent/guardian, you have the unique opportunity to make puberty an exciting right of passage for your child/children.
With fun, meaningful and hands-on activities, our children can learn to be open and confident with these sensitive topics.
This workbook is entertaining, engaging and informative. Be prepared to laugh!
You can order a copy here.
Watch the Shaw TV interview.