Check out the NEW Physical and Health Education Curriculum for September, 2016.
Sexual Health Education is now a part of the P.E. program and will be taught by your child’s PE teacher or an outside provider, a Certified Sexual Health Educator.
NEW Physical and Health Education Curriculum September 2016
UPCOMING WORKSHOP: October 2018
Kindergarten/Grade 1 (2-45 minute lessons)
- Names for parts of the body, including male and female private body parts.
- Appropriate and inappropriate ways of being touched (safe, unsafe and secret).
- Identify and describe feelings and worries.
Grade 2/3 (2-45 minute lessons)
- Distinction between the digestive and reproductive system. Watch this video for more information
- Strategies and skills to use in potentially hazardous, unsafe or abusive situations.
- All Families are Different* (Factors that influence self-identity).
- Grade 2 focus – I am Jazz book (transgender focus).
- Grade 3 focus – A Tale of Two Mommies/A Tale of Two Daddies (same sex parents).
View resource list here.
*NEW* Sexual Behaviour in Preschool and Primary-aged Children: view here
Educating ourselves … Educating kids.